Giants Ridge / Camp Warren Ski Trip
Questions? Need More Information?
Contact Rich Avery, Troop 283 Outdoor Chair
Friday, February 17 - Monday, February 20, 2017
One of Troop 283's most popular outings is back! We will be skiing and snowboarding at Giants Ridge Ski Resort near Biwabik, MN. Camp for scouts and adult leaders is in the lodge at Silha Center, YMCA Camp Warren, near Eveleth, MN. Non-scout family members are welcome - and can purchase tickets and rentals at a discount with the troop - but lodging is on your own.
This trip is designed to provide scouts and families with options. Ski, snowboard, or cross-country ski!. Ski one day or two days. The “main contingent” of the Troop will travel Friday night and Monday morning. We will need drivers to transport scouts.
Love to Ski or Snowboard? Work on the Snow Sports Merit Badge!
Are you interested in working on the Snow Sports merit badge requirements? The merit badge will be offered to scouts interested in working on the badge. Please be aware that the skiing requirements can be difficult to complete during the weekend. You must demonstrate your ability in the requirements. We are surveying interest now so that our counselor can plan accordingly. Merit badge requirements can be found here - Snow Sport merit badge
If you are interested, be sure to say 'yes' to the question on the registration. Not sure? Contact Mr. Knacke for more information.
1. Go to the EventBrite registration page (it's also at the bottom of this page).
2. Select the number of scouts and adults who will be staying and traveling with the troop at Camp Warren and Giants Ridge and select "Checkout". (Don't worry - the chance to select discounted lift and rental for you and family members is still coming)
4. Complete the normal order form. Before paying, you will be asked to select the various options you will need for the weekend.
IMPORTANT: For each item you can add/select multiple times to add different types of rentals/tickets/cabin stay for adult and scouts. For example, an adult wishing to buy lift tickets for him/herself and a young scout would click on the Alpine Lift Tickets link, select 1 adult lift ticket, then come back in and select 1 under 13 lift ticket.
IMPORTANT: USING YOUR SCOUT ACCCOUNT
You can now use your scout account while selecting the options you need for this campout. Each selection has a corresponding "using Scout Acct" or "using SA" option.
5. After selecting an item, you will see a confirmation like this:
6. BEFORE CHECKING OUT: Scroll to the top of the order form and check out the summary of charges. For example, here is the selection for a new scout that is going up for the whole weekend, skiing for 2 days, and needs to rent skis and a helmet.
If there are any problems, you can correct it by clicking on the X to remove the option and go to the bottom to re-add.
7. Checking out. You can click check out and pay through PayPal.
If you have specific questions about requesting reimbursement, please email the troop treasurer: email@example.com